Sunday, March 16, 2008

Blessed Be Your Name

Mom told me on the way to the markets this morning that at Church today would be an american boyfriend of a recent missionary. They, like Ian and I, had broken up, but now he has come over to Australia to visit her and her family for 6 months to see if they could work things out.

Oh the pain. And the joy. And the tears. And the questions.

I'm happy for her as I know something of how hard the journey has been, but oh I'm so selfish. Yes, I am content in my single life, but not a day goes by in which I don't miss Ian and the relationship which we had.

So as I sat in church, seeing out of the corner of my eye his arm around her, with his hand gently stroking her shoulder, feeling the pain of what has been lost from my life, I asked God to help me through this time, yet again. That I, and others who are also in pain because they can't be with someone they love, will be able to sing out loud "blessed be your name".

No comments: