Sunday, February 03, 2008


Over the past few weeks I've been challenged through reading a book and various conversations about my faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

This book, The Gate Seldom Found, relates the history of the early House Church movement in Canada. Each page reads like a living sermon, speaking to my spirit and challenging the way I live and think.

On a day to day basis, how much do I place my trust in Jesus - and how much do I rely on my own skills and talents to complete my goals. Laying everything down and accepting that all we are given, both talents and possessions are just gifts entrusted to us by God, not our own to keep but items that we are stewards of - items to hold loosely should he ask for them to be redistributed. Do people recognise within my relationships the love of Christ? Are people drawn to Him by our love for each other?

All of these things I've been chewing on, and so much more. Each day to take up and lay down, open handedly but with an assurance that he'll take care of us. It's a familiar road but one I'd like to wear a deep rut in.

No comments: