Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Girly movie??

Mom and I went to see Enchanted tonight (believe it or not, 0f the 20 people in the cinema, we knew about 15 of them!) and had a ball. Mom laughed the whole way through it and has described it as a Cinderella Charlie Chaplin - Slapstick Fairy Tales!

I was meaning to write a blog on my Christmas and the wonderful things that did happen (perhaps to balance the blog below), but instead of my usual verbose style I'll summarize as follows:

  • Christmas started when we picked Steve up at the airport on Friday. Mom, Dad and I went down to Brisbane (stopping at the fruit shop on the way for Dad to get potatoes and onions, me to get summer fruits and Mom to get veggies!).
  • Kimberly, Liam and Maigen arrived on Saturday to our great joy and delight (leaving Andrew with Gastroenteritis in Canberra to fly up on Monday)
  • Jonno, Steve, Kimbas and I sat out on the porch for a few hours drinking beers and catching up
  • Jack stayed the night with his cousins and shared my room - when he got homesick we looked at photos of China (Hong Kong) as when he was in Sydney last week to see Billy Elliot he loved China Town.
  • Had a fabulous Sunday lunch at the Dentons with Barb and Lynda
  • Played Monopoly and Badminton with L & M
  • Took L & M to the farm where they rode horses, greeted foals and rode quad bikes - my oh my - they (along with Jack) are the politest and most pleasant kids to be around - it was such a pleasure to spend time with them, and a proud moment when they were just as prettily behaved in front of my friends
  • Had dinner with my brothers and their wives at Swish, a delicious 5 course meal (with a different wine to match each course) - a real treat
  • and last but not least, Christmas day itself. A traditional Shaw breakfast (with foods from Canada, the Philippines and Australia), opening gifts (with Maigen stealing the show with refreshingly honest reactions to them as only a five year old can give - hilarious!) and at night, an open house for people that didn't have anywhere to go with a traditional meal and watching Amazing Grace to end the night.
God has been good

No comments: