Sunday, September 09, 2007

Funny Days

Dad dragged me out of the house today to go down to our Church's Schoolyard Blitz (a working bee where we didn't have a church service but did maintenance and cleaning at a local public school). It was quite overwhelming seeing everyone, especially all the new couples and marrieds, and I didn't stay long. What was hilarious though was the Bible verse in the newsletter for the week:
Leviticus 23:3 "There are six days when you may work; but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a Sabbath to the Lord."
I don't know if it was a genuine oversight, or someone's sneaky joke but it did put a smile back on my face.

2 comments:

Kim and Sue Bonnevie said...

Welcome home Liz!! And I know that Stephen guy for sure - he was an honorary guest at the Salvo's Inn during my time ... lucky you!!!

Anonymous said...

if everything is worship, especially giving is worship, then working in giving is pure worship on a schoolyard blitz - maybe someone was hoping to get people thinking what life is really all about?