Monday, August 20, 2007

Celebrating the Victories

Today I set myself the task of packing my two bags for the plane which would consist of sorting through, folding and packing my clothes. Yes, two bags just for clothes - but for those who know me getting it down to just two has been quite a feat!

Summer and Winter wardrobes combined, along with two dressing gowns, coats, stuffed animals and a pillow - I looked at the pile beside which covered my whole bed and wondered HOW would it be done!!!

Bit by bit I fit the bulk into the first bag - alas not the big bag I brought stuff over in, but a smaller one which Mom left with me when she took the daddy one home.

A small victory was achieved with the inclusion of many articles, but when I looked at the remainder I had no idea how they would fit into my small back pack (it looks deceptively large but I can pack it full just for a weekend trip).

My animals suffered first with the assistance of a vacuum bag - thanks Flatty Marnie :) - which also helped downsize my dressing gowns, biggest coat and the sweater Mom knitted for Dad when they first got married (sweet I know - only he doesn't wear it and I've pinched it).

SUCCESS was achieved much to my delight and exhaustion, with the addition of my sleeping bag attached to my Macpac.

So here's celebrating victories large and small.

P.s. If you should wonder how I'm getting non-clothing items home... answer is: carry on baggage, and 2 boxes being posted (one already packed!!!)

P.S.S. Yes, I'll be looking very daggy for the next two weeks! I've packed all my clothes and will be wearing items I'm not packing!!! But I've still got my shoes :)





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Certainly a glorious victory Liz. I'm not looking forward to the same task in about five months.

Anonymous said...

Imagine the conversations -
Teddy - you're squashing me
polarbear - you're kicking
Cockatoo - (muffled)i can't breathe
Penquin - It's dark in here
but orange bunny just smiles - "I always go first class - in Liz handbag!
Cograts and well done - loads of choccy bars on the way
grace