Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Season for Everything

This past month has been one of a realisation of seasons.

A TIME TO GROW

I have been challenged in this season in painful ways, but through this I am so thankful that through Godly wisdom and care I have grown and been guided. May God continue to grow me!

A TIME TO MOURN

There is a time to die. Unfortunately, it has been a time to remember that life is fleeting, and often there is nothing we can do.

A TIME TO LAUGH

It has also been a time for rejoicing from afar about weddings and births. Congratulations Janelle and Anthony, and Will and Ness – respectively may your new and growing families be blessed.

A TIME FOR REFLECTION

Sometimes the greatest thing we need is space, to be alone and give yourself room to reflect… I’d add with a cup of tea close by :)

A TIME TO WEEP

Yes, that too!

A TIME TO DANCE

My Dad sent me an awesome article on Guidance which I’d love to pass on to anyone. The basic angle of it though was guidance is simply God directing us, much like a male leads the female in dance. God, U & I Dance. He leads, I follow, but it’s gentle and loving and full of his character being evident.

A TIME TO EXPLORE

…and in doing so found the most amazing beer! If you ever get a chance to drink Fuller’s Organic Honey Dew go for it (excepting religious or health intolerance of course!)

A TIME TO CHALLENGE

Not all you hear or have fed into your life is profitable. I have learnt in this past month that some things needs to be challenged, and even if you don’t speak out your disagreement, know what and why you believe, and be willing to challenge yourself, and ask the hard questions. This in itself has been, and continues to be a major learning curve.

A TIME TO APPRECIATE

My Parents are the most amazing parents in the world. Through this season of challenge I have only grown in respect, admiration and love for them and their wisdom.

A TIME TO BAKE

I’m continuing to put my new pie dish to good use, Phil and Sue have now consumed their Beef and Guinness Pie *grin*

A TIME FOR FUN

I highly recommend anyone go and see Miss Potter and Ian would highly recommend all see Spiderman 3!

I could go on and on with things and events from this past month, I will refrain however, and simply say that above and beyond all else I have been reminded that God is GOD, and we are to trust in him, not martyring ourselves, but asking him to guide us gently just as he knows how, through whatever he leads us through…

And if you are praying for me, a prayer request would be that I would start (and continue) to dream again.

1 comment:

somewhere_smiling said...

I wrote the blog last week… I now recognise, as everyone usually does in hindsight, that the prayer “God continue to grow me” tends to get answered.

I don't know whether to be thankful for answered prayer, or just kick myself for praying it in the first place!